Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Granny




The Granny
Author: Brendan O' Carroll
This was a good book to finish the trilogy. It was sweet how all came together. And see how Agnes' children came together in rough times and supported one another even though it was tough at times to like their family members.
I hated to see the story end. I enjoyed how Agnes dealt with her life. And found love in a Frenchman named Pierre.
What are some things I noticed in book? There was a part of the story that focused on one of Agnes' children, Dermot. Even though the book was about Agnes and her children, grandchildren there is a part like the 2nd book that tells the story of one of her children more.
It is hard to say anything about The Granny without giving away the best of the trilogy. I am glad to see how all Agnes' children did find that best path for them to follow. A happy ending for all.
Being Irish myself I remember being part of a family that was that close and children were the answer.
I certainly recommend this trilogy to read. A very heart warmly, light read for everybody. I also recommend to read "The Young Wan". It fills gaps where you might have questions about Agnes, Redster (husband), and Marion, Agnes' (bff!) It was written after the trilogy.
I give this book 4 

Amazon says:
Customers who bought this item also boughtThe Chisellers by Brendan O'Carroll , The Mammy by Brendan O'Carroll, The Young Wan by Brendan O'Carroll, Leaving Ireland by Ann Moore, Gracelin O'Malley by Ann Moore
This book is a bookcrossing book and I am releasing it when I go to the convention in South Carolina. Hope others will find it enjoyable too.




Put a Pin on the Map
View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com



4 comments:

Lauren said...

What's the first book in the series?

Sheila said...

1st book is called The Mammy

Anonymous said...

Tried to comment under the Charlaine Harris post, but couldn't. I'm a fan!

Anyway, I love your blog and will add your link to mine at http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/.

I see you are active in Book Crossing. There's a Book Crossing group at Shelfari. Would love for you to join.

J. Kaye

Ma T said...

Ditto to the trying to comment under the Charlaine Harris post. I had no earthly (or unearthly) idea why I decided to try this series because I'm not really a fan of vampire stories. But then I heard Alan Ball was going to make a series of it, so if it interested Alan Ball, I thought I'd give it a try. What I liked most about it was the different perspective it gives on being a vampire. I mean, I know that may sound silly, but it's like when I read Memoirs Of An Invisible Man and learned all kinds of stuff that had never occurred to me about being invisible. Harris brings that kind of fresh outlook to this series about vampires. For me that's what hooked me at first and from there, I really liked the story.

Love your blog, btw! Very nice, and I'm a sucker for teddy bears. :)