Thursday, August 17, 2017

love walked in




I was interested in reading a debut story from the eye of a poet. I liked the storyline. But found it dragging in some parts. Just to get a portion of the story to move on was irritating. The flow of some of the adjectives I feel were unnecessary. So I had to skip some parts. Not necessarily did I think was going to be for Cornelia and Martin happened. But I guess if you look at the big picture finding true love in all the right actions with Clare did walk in. I thought how Clare and Cornelia went about it it wouldn't really happen in real life.

Some say the use of movie quotes are a bit over the top and don't understand why. Yes I have to agree. But I do think the author is trying to parallel how movies somewhat always have a happy ending to how she wanted Cornelia,Clare,Teo, etc to end up. Cornelia's father referenced it at the end. A bit overboard. But the story was good.

I do have the next book of Marisa De Los Santos hopefully that one I won't have to skip pages and it will move a bit faster.
I did like how it was set in my own city Philly :)



I give love walked in 4 




Put a Pin on the Map
View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com


No comments: