Monday, April 20, 2020

My Lovely Wife


I did like the story. Although there was something about it that I saw or read about before. So I wasn't really that impressed with it. I get it a family, husband and wife, and two kids living in a pretty nice place. But to the unknown what does Millicent and her husband ( who just happens to narrate the story) keep secret, to keep the marriage alive with sparks.
They always seemed to be busy during the day. At night is when Millicent and her husband talked. It was their bedroom routine.
Millicent was a dark character. Claims her sister Holly did all kind of nasty things to her. And she found her soul mate. Millicent and her husband would serial kill together. And their children would be the bond that brought themselves back to earth. The one thing that was understood that they both cared for their children. Or so it seems. Her husband needed to be needed. He took in everything she would give out.

As the story moved along I thought ok these two get along by killing. But as soon as Millicent turned on her husband blamed him for all those murders I knew the story was going to move fast and get to the point. We had the husband trying to figure out what happened to make Millicent turn. Their daughter Jenna was so scared she slept with a knife under her mattress. Their son Rory tried to get a pay day from this.

The knife, the knife that did Millicent in. So much for her.
The last line made me think. He goes back to doing what he would do in bars. Pretend he is deaf. So the story goes, maybe Millicent wasn't just the bad guy in this story. In order to pull off what they did they played off each other. I believe the husband actually needed Millicent more than she did him. Hard to break old habits

I really don't know what to make of this story. I'm hoping that when I go back to review that the highlights will give me something. And I'm thinking it makes a better movie. Not bad for a debut novel though.

For the reason that I'm really a lost for words I give My Lovely Wife 4 

No comments: