Friday, December 10, 2021

The Last Thing He Told Me


Another book and another author that is new to me.
I did like the story. Although it was a bit slow in the beginning. I did have doubts if I wanted to finish. Somewhere in the middle it picked up enough to bring me towards the finish of the book. And then it brought me to an abrupt stop.

The story was a little deceiving on saying it was a mystery. There was a mystery. But not like we know it. Finding out who Owen was. Not who Hannah and Bailey thought.

I had trouble really liking Bailey. Bailey a spoiled child. Who had her father to herself for too long. Of course she's this awful teen when Hannah comes into their lives.

Very interesting on the career that Hannah has of a woodturner. Loved how she had such a great relationship with her grandfather. And their careers blend.

As they go through their lives to find out what was going on with Owen. Bailey does find out how far Hannah will go to protect her. That she really did want a happy relationship with Bailey. Hannah becomes mom finally.
We finally find out who Owen was married too and what he knew. Coming back would only put his life at risk. And of his family.

Although Hannah and Bailey will not be able to see Owen again. They move on. Both have their own lives and a new places to live. Who knows with a touch and a few words spoken Hannah might just see Owen here and there.


I give The Last Thing He Told Me 4_______>

Will look for more from Laura Dave



 

No comments: