Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Murder on the Orient Express




The last time I read this book it was when I was younger. And when I was younger I really didn't get the jest of what the characters were doing. So to re read it now brings a whole other excitement. I didn't realize that Agatha Christie wrote series books. I believe this is #10.
The train started out in Syria. And a murder happens in Yugoslavia. I don't think I really had any favorite characters. Except Mrs Hubbard gave me a chuckle with talking about her two rather ugly children. Haven't heard anyone say that about their own grandchildren. LOL! Or is it her children?
Hercule Poirot is the main character detective. He is so clever. Reminds me of a Inspecter Clouseau. Only not quite so clumsy.
Well said about this murder. Cleverly planned jigsaw puzzle. I like that 😀 I think I liked his latter solution. And that's my opinion.
This is the first book with Poirot as a character and first Christie book too I read. So don't know if Poirot says this at the end of his cases, but he should. "Having placed my solution before you, I have the honour to retire from this case".
Can't wait to see the remake of the movie and can't wait to read another Agatha Christie book. She sure knows how to write a mystery that's going to leave you saying What? I thought it/he she was different.


I give Murder on the Orient Express 5 


Put a Pin on the Map

No comments: