Monday, September 02, 2019

Blood Country: A Nashville Sideman Mystery


A new author for me. Wasn't a bad book. I liked the story. The character Joe Rose pretty straight forward, no mincing of words. Interesting that he is a "gumshoe" with an education with a degree in music.
Also a read from Nashville being that my son is soon going to visit.

I could tell a man wrote this book. The way things were phrased of the country music scene. I'm pretty sure I've never heard a woman say she was a sideman. Plus most characters in the story were men and were written hardcore and women a tool. Although I did learn a few things about country music.

I try not to figure the mystery out even know I have a pretty good idea what it was about. Few things I picked up with the women in Rose's life, Patty and Cathy what their actions meant. Also with being in Nashville and country music there has to be a Roxanne. A bit harsh saying she was a talentless slutty bitch. But hey, it fit!

Twist at the end. When you think it was figured out and we finally knew who killed Billy something changes. Vern (country music star), C.C. (Vern's uncle), Allen, Sutton, Roxanne, Monica, even Jessica Apple hmm... who killed King (Vern's father)? Not who I thought.

I liked the vibe this story was giving, certainly not my everyday Nashville book. But I liked the mystery being in the country music capital.


I give Blood Country: A Nashville Sideman Mystery 5 
Got my eye out for Dan Jewell's other books

No comments: