Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Crooked House


I wanted to read this novel before I seen the movie. I thought the story was different from the other stories that Agatha Christie has written. Maybe this is why it was her favorite. I can't put my finger on it but I don't know what to say about it. So I looked at other reviews to see what others had to say.

What I find it's not the plot so much that was interesting, but the characters. The main character Charlie Hayward I must say he was a very boring character as was his fiancée Sophie. I liked Madga and Aunt Edith the best.

The title of the book Crooked House is a great title. Fits the characters. In some way or another the characters were odd,"crooked". So a crooked house was built by the original crooked little man and without him the crooked little house had lost its meaning. Even the child Josephine was born with a kink the crooked child of the crooked house.
I don't know what to make of the ending. I understood it but to me the story was leading a good path than reared off and was over. Can't say I was surprised whodunit.


I give Crooked House 4 
Not because I didn't like the story. It just wasn't a favorite. I will be looking forward to reading more Agatha Christie books.


Put a Pin on the Map


No comments: