Friday, October 11, 2019

Where'd You Go Bernadette

What can I say about this book. I'm glad I got the chance to read it. At times it seems far- fetched. Other times it was a little confusing to follow. But definitely laugh out loud parts. From the reference to parents being Mercades parents to the crazy things it seems what Bernadette did. And a trip to the Antarctica.
I can see Bernadette putting her whole self into raising Bee. I felt that way. When my son was born I too put my heart and soul into him.
In the beginning of the story it read to me as a typical rich family, until I started reading about Bernadette giving up her career to raise her daughter and let her husband run with his career as a Microsoft Employee. But not that she had no faults. She contributed losing her career too. Doesn't excuse her husband Elgie of his role and what he did. Taking the funny part aside and the neighbors/school community like Audrey and family, Soo Lin etc... 

It comes down to what really is all about Bernadette. She is creative and when a person's creativity is stifeled they can do off the wall stuff.  So in that point you could say Where'd she go? Bernadette had to slip away in order to get her life back on track, for her family.

I did make visible some highlights I thought funny etc on Goodreads that complete my review.

I give Where'd You Go Bernadette 4 
I'm glad I read the book. I haven't seen the movie yet but characters they picked does not fit what I imagined in my mind. 

No comments: