Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A Dark Night in Key West


So I was browsing looking at books and came across this series for a steal. I call it a Key West series. So I got it. Than along came this free Novella. It's like a prologue of this series.
Just coming back from a vacation down at the Keys I thought I would try it. And finishing a reading marathon with two books that were intense, I decided to read A Dark Night in Key West.

I like the characters in this novella. Cam Derringer and wife Malinda, Terri and Jim, and their daughter Diane. And who can forget a great character Sunny Ray.

The story started out a bit on the dark side. Something that a kid at the time Cam, should not of seen. But being friends with a schoolmate Susie, Cam thought he was protecting Susie and it ended up in tragedy with Susie's father and her.
Cam swore he would never let death happen again. So he became a lawyer. Partnered with his friend Jim Dade. Jim, his wife Terri and Cam and his wife Melinda became close. Close enough to babysit their daughter Diane.
All were going to see fireworks and Jim and Terri were in accident. But Terri never made it.
Jim took some time off. Cam and Malinda did what they could for Diane and Jim.
Jim needed to get back into the swing of things and came back to work. Cam took a client. And found out this client was no good. And another died on Cam's watch.
Although Diane missed her mother and father terribly. She had Cam and Malinda to lean on. Diane was the daughter that they couldn't have.

Things were going great. I thought Diane went after someone she thought killed her father. But no Diane had a close call which Cam and Sunny Ray came to rescue.

I really am rooting for Cam Derringer and Diane they have had it pretty bad. This time it has hit him personally. Malinda is missing or died. He spent so much money on trying to find her. First becoming a P.I. and giving up law. Than losing his airplane and house. Bought a houseboat. But to keep the search going for Malinda he must take some cases he does not want. Diane looks after him as a psychologist that she became, she always has him in mind.

So that's it. Now to follow next on a Cam Derringer's adventure. 

It was great to see a lot of places mention. It makes me feel like I was back on vacation in the Keys.
I give A Dark Night in Key West 4 
It is a novella after all.


No comments: