Thursday, July 04, 2024

The Seven Dials Mystery

 


This wasn't the best of AC but not too bad of a read. I might be missing something since the heroine Bundles was introduced in AC's The Secret of Chimneys which I haven't read yet. She was said to be the typical heroine, very likable. For me since I read this one first, she is new to me. I liked her character in the book. When I looked at the only movie I could find, Bundles was played like a annoying side kick. Which I read Lady Eileen "Bundles" was an interesting character. I love the back and forth that she had with her father, Lord Caterham. You could tell there was love between them.
My most annoying character was Loraine Wade, who was Gerry Wade's sister. Sad what came of him. Anyway Loraine just didn't fit in. Something about her. Come to find out a reason.
Superintendent Battle I found to be a man with character. Seemed to be a pleasant man. Again the movie I found him difficult. This secret organization was a bit over the top with the hoods and all. And when they met they wore these hoods to say no one knows who each other is. Not true though. Kind of a Twilight Zone moment.
Another observation book vs movie(the only one I know of) the men that were portrayed in book, in my mine were not that much older than Lady Eileen. Speaking of George Lomax, in the movie he is so much older.

After everything said I find that The Mystery of the Seven Dials was not so much intriguing. Although some characters were. Love the typical Agatha Christie moment of ending though!

I give The Secret of The Seven Dials 4 

I will be reading The Secret of Chimneys real soon.


No comments: