Wednesday, September 09, 2020

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo


In the end I was glad to read this story. But my thoughts were  the same as Daisy and The Six. I like how the author writes a story around a fictional character so well that you have to sit back and ask if she is real.

Was interesting how Evelyn picked her husbands. And what their stories were to fit in Evelyn's life. Some were bad, some were good- a real friend, some were just used for purposes- business like.

Even though Evelyn in her mind were helping others out.  Still it came full circle back to what Evelyn wanted.
Wasted so much time trying to talk her way to believing that she was right. But ended missing the important times of who she really was in love with. Unheard of being who she was.

Again author makes an interview out of story with a twist at end. Why she picked this certain reporter to write her autobiography I noticed has something to do with main character's life. In this case, Evelyn.

It is easy to relate to the subject when Monique spends so much time with Evelyn. Monique eventually sees her own life and makes choices for her own life.
At the end you can see that love to hate relationship Monique started to build around her with Evelyn. Now she knows the truth. Time to move on. That's what Evelyn would want. For she did same thing.

There are some good highlights I will mention on Goodreads

I give The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo 4 ---------->
Just the same as authors other books. Thanks for the ride but I think I"ll wait for something different. 








 

No comments: