Friday, April 16, 2021

The Irish Politician





I'm not sure how I came across this author. Probably looking for a good mystery and I saw it was a Irish mystery. And like my son says "Of Course". 
Starting at the beginning, story was a little hard to get into. More descriptive than I would like. There were too many characters. But I just concentrated on the main ones and the characters came together. Goes without saying that the detective Peter McGarr was a favorite along with his wife Noreen. She had a knack  for getting into Det. McGarr's mysteries ah.. cases I mean. 
I liked the idea that the story was also humorous too. What's an Irish mystery (story) without bringing  up the troubles that Ireland was having.

Death to an Irish Politician? A Politician that negotiated with oil companies. Making sure his family would be taken care of.
A plan that tried to protect a special person. Thats where more characters come into play. And a mystery comes to life.

McGarr has his hands full. When someone/something is trying to frame you, you find a way to get answers. Even if there is little to no proof.

I give The Death Of An Irish Politician 4
I heard Bartholomew Gill has passed away. 
He left 15 more Peter McGarr mysteries for me to catch up on :-)



 

No comments: