Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Play Dirty


I'm not a romance reader. So I was not too sure on reading this book. I wanted to read something that was set in Dallas.
The beginning got off to a slow start. And as the story was told the mystery started to reveal itself. And who could read about Dallas without football?
Of course there was football talk. Football player, game, the dirty money.

I feel there was no depth in the characters. Laura and Foster, a weird combination. Not the best thing to do  to pimp your wife out for your own kicks. Just to get to the end and have a football player who is down on his luck, and just get out of prison to do away with just because Foster thought he can.

Griff tries to turn his life around. Making things right even when there is a shady detective, Stanley Rodarte wanting him dead. Including the person who tried to kill Griff at Foster and Laura Speakman's house.
Of course what would football be without lawyers, sports writers, gambling, a coach that took Griff in, and the loose life.

The mystery was threaded through story to the end. Which made it for me not so bad a Who dun it.

I give Play Dirty 4 




 

No comments: