Friday, February 12, 2021

Brimstone

 


I like the Virgil Cole and Everette Hitch books. The characters are not deep. What you see is what you get.  Westerns are really for entertainment. Not much to think about, a lot of cliches. The chapters are many. But short, makes me want to read on and a bit of faster pace.

Brimstone is #3 in the series next to last book Robert B Parker wrote. I was saddened to hear that he passed. I will give the writer that has taken over the series a chance.

You have Virgil Cole who goes from town to town. And making wrong a right in Cole and Hitch's style.  In this case he is looking for his love? Allie. This story deals with religion maybe not really religion as to who thinks their God.

You have your bad and badder Pike and Percival. Who will win? Maybe not anyone. Except the person who took the a lot off of them, Laurel.

Anyway you have at the end Cole, Hitch, Allie, and Laurel riding away back to the town they started out in, Appaloosa.
I think it might be a time to read Appaloosa. Tie it all in up to now.


I give Brimstone 5 
Can't wait to read #4


No comments: