Tuesday, February 02, 2021

One Day in December

I'm not into romances. But this book I took a second look at.
 I read the first paragraph and it gave me hope .
"It's a wonder everyone who uses public transport in winter doesn't keel over and die of germ overload. In the last ten minutes I've been coughed on and sneezed at, and if the woman in front of me shakes her dandruff my way again, I might just douse her with the dregs of lukewarm coffee that I'm no longer able to drink because it's full of her scalp."

So I kept reading. Good storyline of Laurie, Jack and Sara. A bit on the cliche side. Best friends have good time. Best friends have a falling out. One friend in middle. It was on the funny side at times. Sad @ times too. In between beginning of book to the end was good. But I felt I had to keep pushing through. The end was unexpected. With a nice touch. Nice to have a happy ending.

Although as I was reading I kept picturing this book as a movie. It very well may be. 
Also I believe the setting is in the UK. Which I was surprised at first because it didn't read as one. Although you pick up the wording here and there.

All in all good story. Glad I read to end. I give One Day in December 4 



 

No comments: