Tuesday, February 23, 2021

November 9

Not the story I was expecting. This was not my cup of tea. To look at it, it looks like a nice romance between Ben and Fallon. But the more I read it became unbelievable. Kids of that age, age 18 usually don't have that deep of understanding for love. 
Ben and Fallon came together from a fire that happened @ Fallon's dad's house. And in Ben's life he lost a mother. And copes on his own with his brothers. They both had something tragic happen. Fallon wore her scars outside. Where Ben wore his inside.

The concept of this story was interesting. Where they were to meet same day each year. Like a Grace Kelly movie.November 9 was a date that was bad became good. Both Ben and Fallon lived their lives. Fallon to go on with her acting. Ben writing a novel. Each finding their own way and trying to get back to each other. Being on the mature side for Fallon. But there was just something that became creepy with Ben. His drive to force Fallon physically and emotionally to bend what he wanted was a bit too much. I just don't see in real time that 18 year old kids think on that deep of a level. Ben tried to keep her from her friends. Even though he didn't say so much about Fallon's father. There was lost time with those two.

Toward the end a twist. Interesting. Now how would Ben know about the fire Fallon was in? If what Fallon's mother read about from Ben's novel, why would she be so emotional about it? And why did Fallon's father visit Ben's mother's grave?


The positive I find is that Ben and Fallon did lean on each other. They did in their way help. Fallon did have some relationship with her dad. And Ben now needs to be able to be the person that his nephew can look up too.


I give November 9 

                                     3 

Just not for me. Reminds me of a mixed up YA book. I hear good things from her other book. Maybe I'll try that.


 

No comments: